Sunday 7 March 2010

Triple Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

The cookie monster has landed! Nothing beats a good cookie especially a chocolatey one. After my brownie feast, I moved on to cookies. This is the first of my 'cookie monster adventure' I found this great recipe from the Brown Eyed Baker. Again I reduced the sugar in the recipe and it was still a little too sweet for me. I used to have a very sweet tooth but that seems to have changed recently. Having said that, it was so delicious, I couldn't stop eating them!

Cream butter and sugar, then beat eggs one at a time.
Add in flour mixture

Stir in rolled oats
Add the chocolate chips

Cookie dough

Ready to go in the oven
Straight out of the oven
The first batch (ones on top) were slightly undercooked
Yummy :)
The anaemic 1st batch!

Recipe
3 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
340g butter
1 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

  • Preheat oven to 180C.
  • Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
  • Cream butter and sugar until pale and creamy.  Add in the eggs, one at a time and mix in the vanilla extract.
  • Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Do not overmix.
  • Stir in rolled oats, followed by the chocolate chips.
  • Drop cookies on to a baking sheet and bake for about 12-15 minutes until it's slightly browned and set on the outside but still soft and puffy in the middle.
  • Allow to cool completely on baking sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!