Sunday 17 October 2010

Banana oatmeal cookies



I saw this recipe sometime ago on Cookie Sleuth's blog and have been meaning to try it but never quite got round to it until now. I've never had banana in a cookie before so I thought it would be interesting to try. The cookie is quite soft and chewy. The wholewheat flour and oats makes it feel healthy which is an added bonus :)





Makes 27
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
80g butter
2 ripe bananas
1 eggs white
100g chocolate chips


  • Preheat the oven to 180C and line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper. 
  • In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt. Set aside. 
  • Cream butter and sugar.
  • Add mashed bananas and egg white.
  • Fold in flour mixture and the chocolate chips. 
  • Place heaped tablespoons of dough (I used an ice cream scoop) on to the sheets.
  • Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. I love oatmeal biscuits - never had them with banana before, sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look lovely - I haven't tried Banana and Oats - sounds a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm another fan of oatmeal biscuits, I like the chewiness that oats give. Have vague recollections of making banana and brazil nut oatmeal cookies at some point, but think the chocolate might be a better combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. look very delicious! Got to try making these too...

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!