Thursday 4 August 2011

Chocolate Fudge


I made this for the same bake sale event that I made the flapjacks for.  These were chosen as it's a simple no bake recipe and I thought the kids would love it. I got the recipe from a cute little book called Miss Hope's Chocolate Box. It was really easy to make and proved to be extremely popular on the day.

Melt butter, chocolate and condensed milk

 press into a tray

topped with M&Ms

delicious!

60g unsalted butter
125g milk chocolate, chopped
125g dark chocolate, chopped 
200g can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 bag of M&M's 

  • Generously butter a 17cm square tin and line with baking parchment. 
  • Heat 2inch of water in a pan. 
  • Pop a heatproof bowl on top of the pan, making sure that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water.
  • Add the two types of chocolate, butter, condensed milk and vanilla extract to the bowl. 
  • Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and allow the chocolate and butter to melt. 
  • Take the pan off the heat and stir all the ingredients together. 
  • Pour into the prepared tin and scatter over M&M's (or topping of your choice), pushing them in slightly so that they stick.
  • Cool, then chill overnight. 
  • Remove from the fridge and cut into squares. 

7 comments:

  1. Hmm this looks SO yummy! and I can't believe what few ingredients you need!! I am envisioning this topped with Oreo's too! I'm sure it went down really well at the bake sale, and I'm glad you liked your cheesecake - sorry I never emailed back, work has been manic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'd love a slice of this! There's something about childhood candy thatI love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Love the M&M's on the top ... I'd buy the whole batch off you I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious! The addition of candy on the top makes it so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm this looks so rich and delicious! I imagine it would be great to make as gifts too

    ReplyDelete
  6. @cookies and cups - thanks!

    @cupcake crazy gem - oreos are a great idea. Still working my way through the cheesecake!

    @gloria - thanks!

    @lorraine - I love childhood candy as well.

    @chele - Thanks! They did sell out quite quickly!

    @eating deliciously - yes and you can use so many different toppings

    @kerrycooks - definitely a great gift and one that I would like to receive myself.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!