Saturday 14 March 2015

Snickerdoodles


I've been waiting for the letter 'S' in our second round of AlphaBakes as I've been wanting to make Snickerdoodles. I've never tried them or baked them before but I like the sound of it. It's basically a sugar cookie rolled in cinnamon sugar. It's supposed to be cracked and crispy which mine turned out to be so that's a relief! They really taste of cinnamon and are perfect with a cup of tea. 

I used a recipe from a book that my dear friend JL sent all the way from Australia! Thank you :) It's a lovely little book of cookies and I can't wait to try more recipes from it. I won't publish the recipe as I don't have permission but there are lots of recipes you can find online. I followed the recipe exactly and it worked beautifully. The main thing to remember is that these cookies really do spread a lot so make sure you leave plenty of room in between! 



I'm sending this to AlphaBakes which I am hosting this month. Caroline from Caroline Makes hosts on alternate months. The letter is S for Snickerdoodle.


I'm also sending it to Tea Time Treats hosted by Janie from the Hedgecombers and Karen from Lavender and Lovage as the theme this month is Biscuits and Cookies!



 cookie dough 

 you have to refrigerate the dough until firm. I used a small ice cream scoop to make a small ball of dough which is then rolled in cinnamon sugar 

 Place them spaced well apart and press down gently with a fork




3 comments:

  1. These look yummy. A perfect accompaniment to a cup of tea. I've only made snickerdoodles once and for some reason they didn't turn out well. I didn't know whether to blame the recipe or the dodgy, old oven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I wasn't really sure what to expect but they were yummy!

      Delete
  2. These looks too scrummy and have given me a bad case of the munchies! Thanks so much for sharing with Tea Time Treats :)
    Janie x

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!